A white board animation briefly explaining what entails a Limited Employment Contract in UAE and what are its features.
There are two kinds of employment contracts which employers can issue under the UAE Labour Law No. 8 of 1980 (as amended) (the “UAE Labour Law”) applicable to all employees in the UAE.
1. Limited Employment Contract
2. Unlimited Employment Contract.
What is Limited Employment Contract?
Limited Employment Contract is a fixed term contract signed between the employer and the employee. The contract would expire usually after two or three years, as per the agreement.
What are the main features of Limited Employment Contract
1. Contract is for a fixed term
2. The employee has responsibility to the company till the contract ends
3. The contract ends automatically at the end of the term unless otherwise terminated by either of the parties
4. A limited contract is usually issued when an employer wants personnel for specific term projects
Image credits: www.pixabay.com
This video is just a guide and a reference. For more in depth information or for any disputes please visit: